|Previous Page > Software Index > Dessin and Cargen .|
|Full title||Dessin and Cargen|
|Year of release||1983|
|Producer / Author(s)||ERE|
As far as we know this tape was never released in the UK, ERE were a French software producer, its also unclear how many Jupiter Ace titles they did. We have translated the instruction to English to best of our abilities. There are two programs on the tape a screen designer (dessin) and a character designer (cargen).
Side 1: DRAWING
Enter: load dessin "enter"
This program makes it possible to draw on the screen with a cursor, drawings which could be there after saved on cassette and be integrated into other programs.
- To run the program by:
dessin name "enter"
( "name" is the filename which the drawing will be saved to cassette with.)
- keys 1 to 8 move the cursor in the desired direction.
- key 9 makes it possible to take certain options: a "?" appears on screen to show that the Dessin has toggled to "mode" and is waiting for a key to be pressed.
You now have the following possibilities:
Keys 0 to 3: change the mode of graphics are displayed ;
Set to Black (unplot) 0
set to white (plot) 1
(see manual, chap. 13);
Key 4: changes all the drawing to reversed video;
key 5: allows to choose a specified character which will be placed at the position present of the cursor, over writing the character currently there.
- When the drawing is finished, you can save it to tape, press key 0: The drawing title you gave the screen when you started the program will be used as the filename.
- to reload it in memory to enter: 0 0 bload name "enter"
Side 2: CARGEN
Enter: load cargen "enter"
This program makes it possible to define and save on cassette your own characters. All the characters of JUPITER ACE can be redefined, but taking into account the limited memory available without extension, only characters 1 to 8 could be saved to cassette.
- As soon as the program is loaded, to type:
191 15384 C! 63 15385 C! QUIT "enter".
- To launch the program by followed "GO" of "enter".
- keys 5 has 8 direct the cursor, key 0 positions or erases one cell white, key 9 records the character.
- to save on cassette characters 1 to 8, enter:
16319 64 BSAVE NAME "enter"
The "NAME" can any name given by you for this character set.)
- to reload these characters into the memory of Ace enter:
11272 0 BLOAD NAME "enter"
(For more information, refer to chapter 12 of the handbook.)
|Downloads||Tap file||Ace snapshot file|
|Blaze file||Wave file|
Dessin and Cargen screen shots.
Tape inlay image